News Karnataka
Saturday, December 02 2023

eight-month-old chews mobile charger wire; dies of electrocution

eight-month-old chews mobile charger wire; dies of electrocution
Photo Credit : IANS

Bengaluru: An eight-month-old baby has died of electrocution after she chewed the pin of a mobile charger wire that was connected to a switchboard socket.

The incident happened in Siddarada village of Karwar taluk in Uttara Kannada district in Karnataka on Wednesday.

The deceased — Sanidhya Kalgutkar, was the daughter of Santhosh Kalgutkar and Sanjana Kalgutkar.

According to the police, the mobile charger was left connected to the socket and the switch was not turned off.

The baby who got hold of the charge wire started chewing the mobile charger wire pin and got electrocuted.

The family members had immediately shifted her to the district hospital but the doctors declared the baby brought dead.

Her father, Santhosh Kalgutak, works as a contract worker with Hubballi Electricity Supply Company (Hescom) and after coming to know about the incident, he had collapsed at the workplace.

He was admitted to the hospital while the body of the girl child had been shifted to the mortuary.

Sanidhya was the third child of the couple.

The family members were busy in arrangements for one of the girl children’s birthday party on Wednesday.

The police have registered a case and taken up investigation.

Share this:
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.
Editor's Pick

Find the best odds at 10Cric and IPL Betting 2023! Signup today and get up to a 100% deposit bonus.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp