News Karnataka
Monday, April 22 2024
Cricket
Mangaluru

BJP should not hurt people’s sentiments by politicising Tastheek funds: Harish Kumar

Shaa2121
Photo Credit :

Mangaluru: Dakshina Kannada District Congress Committee president K Harish Kumar has said that BJP should not play with the sentiments of people by politicising Tastheek funds.

Speaking at a press conference at the District Congress office on Friday June 11 He said, “Muzarayi minister Kota Srinivasa Poojary has said that the commissioners of the religious charity department have been instructed to use the Tastik money of the Hindu religious endowment only for the Hindu temples.”

“90% of the revenue of the temples should be spent on the same temple. The remaining 10 percent is going to the treasury of the state government. Harish Kumar said the government was trying to create the misconception that a share of the temple revenue was being paid to mosques,” he alleged.

“Amid the Covid pandemic, BJP is trying to break the solidarity of people by creating the crisis,” he added.

District Women’s Congress Chairperson Shalet Pinto, District Youth Congress President Luqman Bantwal, Women Block Congress Officers Shantala Gatti, Sanjana Chalavadi, District Congress Officers Shubodaya Alva, Jayasheela Adayanthaya, Student Congress District President Savad Sullia were also present.

Share this:
MANY DROPS MAKE AN OCEAN
Support NewsKarnataka's quality independent journalism with a small contribution.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 0 / 5. Vote count: 0

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

To get the latest news on WhatsApp