Mangaluru: In an unfortunate accident, a man riding a scooter was electrocuted as he came across broken power lines near Hedya Society here on Thursday January 6. The incident occurred under Belthangady Police Station limits of Dakshina Kannada District.
The deceased has been identified as Koyyur resident Raghu. He worked at a hotel near Ujire College, and the incident occurred when he was returning at 11.00 pm as it was dark and there was low visibility.
The electric lines had snapped as a pick-up truck had hit an electric pole in an incident, earlier.