Bengaluru: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) which is probing Church street blast case has failed to get any clue about the accused involved even after a year. In the blast a woman was killed and three others were injured.
Rama Shastri, IGP, NIA told Express on Sunday, “Efforts are on to solve the case but there is no breakthrough so far even after questioning some of the suspects. Bengaluru police, who investigated the case before it was handed over to us, gave all kinds evidence and witnesses, but it is not enough. The CCTV footage too gives no clarity on the suspects’ movement,” the officer said.
The Bengaluru police had launched a manhunt for the accused involved in the case, collected details of over one lakh calls and CCTV footage. But their efforts went in vain as they failed to crack the case. Failing to get any lead in the case, then city police commissioner M N Reddi had suggested government to hand over the case to NIA. Hence the case was given to NIA by Chief minister Siddaramaiah on May 20, 2015.
“We do not know which organisation was involved in it as no one has claimed responsibility for the act so far. The case was handed over to us very late,” Shastri added.
However there seems to be no lead in the case as NIA too have failed to get any breakthrough even after working closely with the Bengaluru police in examining documentary evidence and calls records and even questioning some suspects.