Bengaluru: A boy was electrocuted while trying to free a kite that was stuck to a high-tension power cable in the limits of RT Nagar Police Station. The police have charged BBMP, BESCOM, and KPTCL officials for causing death by negligence.
The deceased has been identified as Abubakar Siddiqui Khan (13), a resident of RT Nagar’s HMT Layout. He was a Class 7 student at a government school.
Police informed that Khan and his friend went to Visvesvaraya Park, which is near his home to play. When they were near the terrace of a home next to the park, they noticed a kite stuck to a high-tension cable. Khan tried to free the kite with the help of a stick while the boys went to the terrace. He suffered severe injuries and collapsed due to the electric shock.
He was rushed to Victoria Hospital with 80 per cent burn injuries. According to the RT Nagar Police, a case under Section 304A (causing death by negligence) has been filed against BBMP, BESCOM, and KPTCL officials as a result of a complaint made by the boy’s mother Sultana.
Khan lived with his mother and his two brothers. Officials from BESCOM said that KPTCL installed the 66kv high-tension line and that BESCOM played no part in its installation.
The boy did not respond to the treatment and passed away at 3.30 am on Wednesday.